CBD has proven to be an incredibly versatile product with numerous beneficial properties. Following the ever-increasing buzz around CBD oil, haircare companies have started to pick up on the potential benefits that the oil can offer one’s locks. With potential positive effects ranging from strengthening strands to reducing hair loss, many haircare products are now including CBD oil in their ingredients. Brands that have begun incorporating CBD oil into their haircare products include Dr. Hempster, Hempz, and EMERA Haircare—the first CBD-oil infused prestige haircare line. As word regarding the benefits of CBD oil for hair circulates, one can expect this list to continue to grow exponentially in the coming year. To learn more about CBD oil in the haircare industry, continue reading.
CBD-infused haircare products
- CBD-infused shampoo
- CBD-infused conditioner
- CBD-infused hair masks
- CBD-infused hair serums
- CBD-infused leave-in conditioner
- CBD-infused detangling products
Benefits of CBD oil for hair
CBD oil is a versatile product that has numerous benefits, many of which apply to one’s hair. Examples of some of the many benefits of CBD oil for hair include:
- Hydrates dry strands: the presence of essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, 6, and 9 helps hydrate hair and prevent moisture loss.
- Strengthening hair: CBD oil contains 21 amino acids which are known as the building blocks of protein. Because hair strands are made out of protein, using CBD oil on one’s hair can help to strengthen one’s hair and prevent breakage.
- Healthier scalp: scalp issues such as dryness, itchiness, and flakiness may be improved by using CBD oil haircare products. As CBD oil is activated by receptors in the scalp, its calming properties help soothe and restore balance to the scalp, which sets the stage for healthy hair growth.
- Reduce hair loss: CBD oil has the potential to help promote the regrowth of hair for those experiencing non-hereditary hair loss problems. The hair growth capabilities of CBD oil are largely attributed to the presence of GLA (gamma linoleic acid) that the oil contains. This acid has been known to help promote national hair growth.
Challenges in the CBD oil haircare industry
While the increased interest in CBD oil products provides a lucrative opportunity for haircare brands that choose to incorporate the oil into their products, there are a few challenges faced by the CBD-oil haircare industry. One of the main challenges faced by brands is that CBD oil is still considered somewhat of a controversial product in certain places.
While hemp-derived CBD oil is completely non-psychoactive, its association with a particular 5-fingered plant yields a certain level of hesitation by some customers and mass markets. For this reason, many brands that use CBD oil in their products use the word “hemp” rather than “CBD” in their marketing.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of the lucrative opportunities present in the ever-growing CBD-oil haircare industry, USA Lab Equipment can supply you with the equipment you need to get started. From short path kits to closed-loop extraction units, our wide variety of new and used equipment will provide you with the high-quality labware necessary to start producing CBD products. For more information regarding our equipment, contact us today.