The AireGard™ NU-140 generates HEPA-filtered, ISO Class 5 vertical laminar airflow to provide product protection for sterile but non-hazardous drug compounding or non-hazardous work in microbiology.
A Laminar Airflow Workstation, often referred to as a laminar flow hood or clean bench, is a piece of equipment used in laboratories and other controlled environments to provide a sterile and particle-free work area. It operates on the principle of directing filtered air in a smooth, unidirectional flow to minimize the risk of contamination during sensitive processes. There are two main types of laminar airflow workstations: horizontal flow and vertical flow.
Key Features and Components:
- HEPA or ULPA Filters: Laminar airflow workstations use high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) or ultra-low penetration air (ULPA) filters to remove airborne particles and contaminants.
- Blower Unit: The blower unit creates the laminar airflow by drawing air through the filters and directing it in a uniform flow pattern.
- Work Surface: The work surface is typically made of stainless steel and serves as the area where the work is conducted. It remains under the constant flow of filtered air.
- UV Light: Some laminar flow hoods have built-in ultraviolet (UV) lights to further sterilize the work area when the hood is not in use.
- Control Panel: The control panel allows users to adjust airflow velocity, control lighting, and monitor the status of filters.
OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS : 31 x 50 x 85INSIDE DIMENSIONS : 26 x 46 x 30
Technical Support, Questions, or Other Issues Please Email or Call Us!